Hello Summitview families! A few reminders as we move into February: 1. Don't forget, there is a scheduled early dismissal for learners on Wednesday, January 27 at 12:50...
Good afternoon Summitview families, As we approach the end of the first trimester on Monday, 11/23, we want to remind families of the parameters WASD has in place for...
Good evening Summitview families, A few information messages: 1. Click HEREfor the November calendar. 2. During Tuesday night’s board meeting, a calendar change...
TOMORROW - WASD is excited to welcome Mark Perna, best-selling author and generational expert, for a virtual community presentation via Zoom on Tuesday, Jan. 19th at 6:30pm! Mark will speak about, "Answering Why: Unleashing Passion, Purpose, and Performance in Younger Generations" ALL Families and Community members are invited to listen and learn! Sponsored by WASD Title I Parent and Family Engagement Follow this link for more information - https://5il.co/o62v
Reminders from today's BoroBlast Email (please contact Mrs. Ebersole at firstname.lastname@example.org if you didn't receive it).
1. Thursday, January 14 is our monthly Domino’s Pizza night. Take the night off from dinner prep and support the SV PTO! Flyers will be sent home with learners on Tuesday or Wednesday of this week.
2. There is no school for learners on Friday, January 15 . There is no school for learners and staff on Monday, January 18. The building will be closed on Monday the 18th.
3. There is a scheduled early dismissal on Wednesday, January 27. Please make arrangements for your child to be picked up on time at 12:50 pm.
4. Student Council’s second spirit day this month is Pajama Day (Friday, January 22)! Learners need to contribute $1 to wear pajamas to school. PJs should include pants. Learners should wear sneakers as they will be walking through the building and going outside for recess. All money raised will be donated to three charities selected by Student Council - the Antietam Humane Society, New Hope Shelter, and St. Jude’s Children’s Hospital. Money is due to your child’s homeroom teacher by Tuesday, January 19.
5. WASD is excited to welcome Best Selling Author and Speaker, Mike Perna, during a virtual event on Tuesday, January 19, 2021 from 6:30-7:30 pm. His presentation, “Answering Why: Unleashing Passion, Purpose, and Performance in Younger Generations” is relevant for all WASD families. https://5il.co/o62v
6. Reminder about afternoon dismissal. To ensure the safety of our learners, please communicate any changes for your child’s afternoon transportation IN WRITING the morning of the change. Examples would include a different person picking up your child or walking home instead of getting picked up. We understand that emergencies do happen but we have had an increase in the number of last minute changes called in to the office in the afternoon. Please make last minute changes before 2:00 pm so that we have adequate time to communicate those changes to the teacher.
7. Reminder about morning arrival. If your child is a car rider, adults should remain in their vehicle and pull all the way up to the staff member on duty. Following these procedures will help keep the line of traffic moving. If your child requires assistance getting out of the vehicle and/or carrying his/her things to the door, please park in the side parking lot and use the crosswalk to come to school.