Payment Options and Methods
Each cafeteria has a computerized point of sale system. All students are given a PIN number to enter in a keypad when purchasing meals and/or ala Carte items. The PIN number is the student’s school identification number without the beginning zero.
Students who receive free/reduced meals will also enter their PIN numbers. The point of sale system and use of the keypad for all students prevents other students from knowing the free/reduced status of their peers.
- Cash on Account – money will be placed on your child’s account and can be used for meals and ala carte items.
- Pre-paid Meals Only – money will be placed on your child’s account for meal purchases only.
- Cash on Account and Pre-paid Meals – money will be placed on your child’s account for meals and ala carte items as specified on the envelope.
- Credit Card - Parents may choose to set up an account with My School Bucks. Please see information regarding this service under the My School Bucks Tab.
- Send a check in a preprinted envelope. Envelopes are available in each elementary school classroom, all school offices, and all school cashiers. (Preferred method)
- Send a check in a plain envelope clearly marked with students name, grade, pin number (student ID), amount, and payment option.
- Cash - Cashiers will ask if students want to put the change on their account.
Payment deposit boxes are located in each school near the office or main student cafeteria entrance. Envelopes are removed and entered daily. Payment can also be made through the line each day, however we ask payment be sent in a preprinted or clearly marked envelope for documentation. Checks are the preferred form of payment and should be made payable to WASD Cafeteria Account. Credit and debit card payments can be made to www.myschoolbucks.com. A small fee does apply when using My School Bucks.
Reminder letters are sent home every Thursday with Elementary students whose accounts are in the negative. Students in Middle and High School, receive a monthly letter home regarding negative balances. High School students can be reminded by the cashiers when their accounts are getting low. An automated call is generated every Thursday for 5:00 pm for students with a negative balance of $2.00 or more. At anytime you may request a balance by calling the school kitchen directly or Rebecca Hess, Food Service Secretary, at 717-762-1191 ext 1208 or email: email@example.com.