We are finishing Week 12 of face-to-face school.
Thank you to everyone for your cooperation and patience. The PA Dept. of Health has put additional orders in place. The Dept. asks that you be aware of the state’s orders for travelling into other states over the next few weeks.
WASD has had strict protocols in place during this pandemic. Because of those protocols, we are still in school. Nevertheless, we are in a period that is showing a spike in cases. WASD has experienced several cases over the last couple of weeks.
To keep us in school, please be reminded of the following advice:
- Please check your child or yourself daily for symptoms. If your child shows these symptoms, please keep him or her home.
- If someone in your household is being tested, please have your child remain home until a negative result is received. If other children are in your home, please keep all of them home.
- Wash your hands regularly and often.
- Students and all adults must wear face coverings when entering and remaining in a building or a bus.
- The holidays are fast approaching. Please minimize exposure risks as large groups or attending gatherings with people you are not with in your home regularly.
- If you or your child tests positive, please keep your child home and notify your child’s principal. If this occurs over the holidays, a weekend, or through the week.
Update of Number of COVID-19 Cases in the WASD
As of today, November 20, 2020, we have had a few new cases of COVID-19 among staff and students.
As of today, there are 9 cases of COVID-19 within the WASD staff and there are 21 cases of COVID-19 of students currently in the district buildings. These numbers do not include Students who are in cyber charters, private schools, and virtual schools as APEX, FVA or our Hybrid. Again, these numbers only reflect those attending our schools in person. In addition, almost every day we have those who are now healthy and released to return to school. A number of the totals have not been confirmed by the Dept. of Health, but we anticipate they will be confirmed.
Thank you. Stay healthy and #BoroStrong!