From the Superintendent's Office
This year, to improve safety and security, we implemented a new policy for our home football games. That policy requires middle school and younger students to be accompanied by a parent in order to enter the stadium for the football game.
We would like to thank everyone for a successful first game with that policy in place. This success creates a safer and more enjoyable event for everyone attending the game.
Students are expected to demonstrate appropriate behavior while attending these events. In order to maintain an appropriate and sportsmanlike fan atmosphere please adhere to the following guidelines:
1. All Non-High School students (K-8) must be accompanied by an adult to gain entry to all varsity football events held at WASD.
2. The adult accompanying the school student(s) is responsible for the supervision of the student’s behavior and well-being throughout the duration of the sporting event.
3. Any student(s) deemed to be behaving inappropriately by Waynesboro Area School District staff members and/or security will be issued an initial verbal warning unless the behavior rises to a serious level violation of the code of conduct in which more serious consequences may be issued.
4. If inappropriate behaviors continue following the initial warning, the student will be removed from the sporting event by a Waynesboro Area School District staff member and/or security and the accompanying adult will be expected to immediately remove the student from the school property, which may involve the student being banned from future sporting events.
5. Any students attending away sporting events are subject to the host school’s rules and procedures.
As representatives of the Waynesboro Area School District, it is the responsibility of all our students to
An official letter documenting the policy and guidelines can be found by doing the following:
At the top of the WASD web page select Menu
Select Friday Night Football Information
Select the document titled "Friday Football Letter"
Thank you WASD families for your cooperation this coming football season. Go BORO!!